Lea completed her Masters thesis on Quantifying the Intertropical Convergence Zone using wind convergences in November 2021.
- Climate data analysis
- ITCZ analysis and prediction
- Deep neural network
- Bayesian inference
- Supervised and unsupervised learning
Alexej completed his Bachelor’s thesis on the Evolution of ENSO precipitation teleconnections in March 2022.
Markus completed his Bachelors thesis project on ENSO impact on river discharge in South America in October 2021.
- General climate data analysis
- Impacts and connections of the El Niño Southern Oscillation
- Interactions between climatic systems
- Probabilistic Models (Gaussian Process Regression)
- Data reconstruction and prediction